Making Initial Contact
Our Resource Centre currently runs on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10.30a.m. to 3.30p.m. at the Community Centre at Bourne End. Clients may attend for one of these days or a number of days. All our Clients/Staff and Volunteers bring along a packed lunch to enjoy together at lunch time.
Although Headway South Bucks is a charity, there is a small fee for attending the Centre. Further details on this are available by contacting the Services Manager.
To enjoy our facilities you will need to be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be recovering from an acquired brain injury as a result of traumatic head injury, tumour, haemorrhage or anoxia. Other neurological conditions such as encephalitis or stroke may also be considered;
- The applicant is ready to attend a Resource Centre and would benefit from the opportunities given and is able to cope within an active, social environment;
- Is over the age of 18;
- Live in the catchment area of South Bucks or surrounding areas;
- Have a funding source;
- Is able to travel to and from the Resource Centre*;
- Is medically ready to attend the Resource Centre*:
- Must be able to self-medicate if necessary;
- Must be able to transfer manageably, without the need for lifting / hoist.
*As our staff at Headway South Bucks are unable to carry out personal care or provide transport, many of our clients bring their own carer along. Further information on this is available by contacting the Services Manager using the contact form below.
If, having read through the criteria above, you feel that Headway South Bucks' Resource Centre may be of interest to you, please fill out and submit the online form below, or use the downloadable form at the bottom of this page. Please be aware that information entered into the online form below will be sent via unencrypted email (i.e. not secure) to our Administrator, and the information will only be stored for the purposes of replying to the enquiry. If you are in any way uncomfortable with this process, then please download and print the form at the bottom of this page, and send it via post.
Our Services Manager will review the application form and if you meet the criteria, you will be invited along to the Centre to meet everyone and talk through how the Centre might work for you. If the Centre has reached capacity at any point, you would still be invited for a visit, and you would then be placed on a waiting list.
Alternatively, download and print our New Client Application Form, and send it via post to the address detailed at the bottom of the form.